Mt. Collins Sale- 160 Core server

I know that most people love the workstation or kit version of the Ampere hardware, but ASA Computers is doing a close out sale on the Mt. Collins server.

1x Mt Collins 2U24 NVMe MP L6 system
2x Q80-30 SoCs (80 core, 3.0Ghz)
2x 16GB DIMMs
1x 960GB PCIe M.2 SSD

Check out the flyer below for more details.

Mt Collins promotion May24.pdf (432.5 KB)

Let us know if you buy one and what you think

5 Likes

Does the EDK2 firmware for Mt Jade run on it? I’d like to make sure it can run open source firmware before buying one.

1 Like

you know that if anyone else asked this, I would tag you to see if you knew the answer. :slight_smile:

on this link, at the bottom, it says no open software support.

But at the bottom it says:

Let me ask internally and see if I can get you a real answer.

1 Like

This is the answer I received:
We only have open source firmware for Mt. Jade. Mt. Collins only has binary file (AMI solution).

If customer still wants to use open source firmware, porting EDK II from Mt. Jade to Mt. Collins is possible, but needs customer to do that.

2 Likes

How much is Mt. Collins in normal times? Thanks.

They price varies widely, $5k to 10k or more. It all depends on what you want inside.
I believe that we have these already built. This version is, I believe, about 4-5k. But you can add more to it, but that will be extra. There is an email address to contact for more information.

2 Likes

OK, thanks. Is it possible to install amd or intel videocard on ampere server? Do they work normally on ampere server?

NVIDIA GPUs work with NVIDIA closed source driver.
AMD GPUs requires a patch.
Intel GPUs are a work in progress.

1 Like

For Turing or newer NVIDIA GPUs there’s the open source driver too: GitHub - NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules: NVIDIA Linux open GPU kernel module source

Though I think the userspace tools are still closed source.

1 Like

Can AMD GPUs work normally by using patch? Is there some bugs even using patch or not? Thanks.