Ubuntu Server 22.04 can not boot

Hi everyone,

After installing Ubuntu Server 22.04 for ARM using virtual media mount, I got stuck like this. Are there any recommendations?

Update 2nd Aug: I switched to Ubuntu 24.04 and it worked as expected, OS booted successfully and KVM screen showing login dialog.

Have you installed the newest firmware from https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=ALTRAD8UD-1L2T#Download?

Does the “SOL console” window have any additional information?

1 Like

Hi. I tried the latest firmware, but it did not help. SOL console produces nothing.

Luckily, I tried Ubuntu Server 24.04, and it worked. I still don’t know why 22.04 stuck like that.

sol console should work.

Please run “ssh root@[BMC IP] -p 2203” (on latest firmware it might be 2200) to get the serial console.

1 Like

Yeah, I did check, but no output.

Interesting, I just tried it, the CD-IMAGE is “Ubuntu-Server 22.04.3 LTS Jammy Jellyfish - Release arm64 (20230810)”,
iso image is ubuntu-22.04.3-live-server-arm64.iso

it can output to both KVM and sol console. Probably it can help you to get more information.
Another possible reason is console redirect
In AMI BIOS, it should be in the Advanced->Serial Port Console Redirection->Console Redirection
Set it to [Disabled]

But this option cannot explain why it works on your ubuntu 24.04.

Look like you missed my point. I mean, after Ubuntu 22.04 is installed, it fails to boot.

About this question, it might be firmware issue, can you upgrade to beta firmware (3.01) and test it again?

Hi @Richard,

When I had this issue, I tried the latest firmware version, which was 2.07. I will try the 3.01 beta at a suitable time because I’m running Ubuntu 24.04 now :smiley:

2 Likes