Are you going to FOSDEM?

If so, we would like to host a happy hour. Anyone have an idea of a good place to go?

2 Likes

I know a good place to eat, but not a good place to host a happy hour… :thinking:

For me the problem is more “when” rather “where”.

I arrive on Friday around noon and go for CentOS Connect to meet some people from projects around it.

Then hotel, drop gear. Food and beer event. Sleep.

Breakfast, FOSDEM, food with friends, beer. Sleep.

Breakfast, FOSDEM, food with friends, airport, bus, taxi. Home.

FOSDEM weekend is a time when it is really hard to find an hour.

1 Like

I’m at FOSDEM, we have a dev room on Saturday (half-day, morning 'til noon): FOSDEM 2023 - Image-based Linux and Secure Measured Boot devroom

I’ll be around all weekend, happy to drop by if there’s an Ampere event. While I don’t have a specific recommendation re: venue it’s worth considering to find something in the city center. Experience shows there will be quite a few events in the evening(s) in the center - if it’s easy to switch events we might attract drive-by attendees.

1 Like

I should be most of the time at the Jenkins booth, I don’t know (yet) when I’ll be able to escape.
I know I will have to spend the Saturday evening with people from GSoC. :thinking:

If you can reserve a nook in the Roy d’Espagne on Grand Place, I would recommend that. It has lots of little areas you can reserve, and it’s very central.

1 Like

That’s the restaurant I was referring to as a good place to eat. :+1:

1 Like

It is also a good place to get beer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I will also join with a few colleagues from Cloudbase Solutions. Excited to soon meet you in person!

2 Likes

I wish I could go, but work doesn’t pay for international conferences.

So how it ended? Will there be something?

1 Like

unfortunately no, I couldn’t find a place. But if you find me, I will buy you a beer (open to first 10 or so people) :slight_smile:

1 Like

it was my first time at FOSDEM and your post was a great help, although I still wasn’t prepared for the sea of humanity that was there. Amazing conference and completely overwhelming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Overwhelming is the right word.
I’m happy that you found me so that we could talk for a while.

2 Likes

It was great to meet ya!

2 Likes